Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Spinach Salad with Tempeh

Tonight I was dining solo (Josh's company had a party celebrating Earth Day, so he was MIA), and I wasn't feeling like doing anything fancy since I spent most of the day cleaning and getting ready for our party Friday. And, because I'm feeling stubborn about losing weight at the moment, I decided that a spinach salad was just what I needed.
Clearly, it didn't take much effort. Simply layer the following ingredients on top of each other in the order listed:

Handful of fresh spinach
1/2 cup tabbouleh w/ mint and pistachios (from this month's Vegetarian Times)
3 strips of tempeh (pan fried in oil, tamari, minced garlic, and coriander)
A drizzle of balsamic vinaigrette
Diced Avocados

1 comment:

veganmomma said...

"feeling stubborn about losing weight" I can relate to that one! Thanks for stopping by my blog and introducing yourself. Now I have another awesome vegan blog (yours) to add to my reader!