Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Presto! Pesto.

I'm starting to feel like the theme is quick and easy (which *ahem* is nothing like yours truly). But, given it's the end of the semester, I guess I'm not surprised. So, a couple of nights ago I defrosted on container of pesto (I make a huge batch and then freeze portions in leftover Tofutti cream cheese containers) and broke out the soy curls and gnocchi.
1. Saute: 1/2 white onion (cut into thin moon slices) until translucent
2. Add: 2 cloves garlic (minced) and 1 bag frozen cauliflower (chopped)
3. Once cauliflower is heated through, add: 2 small zucchini (sliced), 2 cups rehydrated soy curls, and 1 package cooked gnocchi
4. Cook 2-3 more minutes, then add a 1/2 cup of pesto. Cook until everything is heated through.

There you have it: fast food at the palace.

No comments: