Sunday, August 10, 2008

White Bean and Roasted Garlic Soup; Or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Tan Food

Somewhere, somehow, I heard that garlic was good for colds. And, somewhere, somehow, I though that making a recipe out of all our cookbooks--granted, at the time I was thinking only of cookbooks I'd thus far neglected before then deciding that I shouldn't limit the new experiences I could gain from this whole crazy idea and I would indeed make a recipe I'd never tried before from each and every one demanding square footage which is admittedly easy to come by 'round these parts--would be a good idea. Naturally, when added together, these two ideas equal "White Bean and Roasted Garlic Soup" from Vegan with a Vengeance. For another reason that kind of eludes me, I though that it would be a good idea to use dry beans instead of canned. A decision I came to around 1:30 this afternoon. As a result, the soup seemed crazy complicated, but I'm sure that's only because it took me 7 hours from quick soak to finish. The good news is that Josh said he felt better 4 bites into the first bowl, so I guess that makes it worth it. By the time it was done, I wasn't really feeling up to breaking up that tan, so I just take the damn picture.
On a slightly less tan note, I also made the "Tofu Ricotta" from VwaV which I stuffed into shells with Teese and shredded zucchini and an attempt at marinara (I've never liked the stuff). Totally worth all the dirty pots and pans and stovetop. I picked an exploding shell to show off the ricotta. So, yes, it's another fairly unattractive picture of food. Sorry, Isa.

2 comments:

Bianca said...

White beans are, like, my favorite thing...and I didn't even know that recipe was in there! I'm gonna have to add that to the list for sure.

And your shells looks so awesome. I think it's a lovely picture...and it reminds me that I can't wait to make the lasagna that I bought everything to make it with but still haven't found the time...

Rural Vegan said...

I have totally missed both of those VWAV recipes. Weird!