Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Catching Up. Kind Of.

Between going to California, recovering from the Mud Run (which I'll blog more about in a bit), having a birthday, and life, I haven't been doing nearly as much of, well, anything. So, I thought I'd at least throw a few tasty morsels your way in the mean time. First, I can not overemphasize how much I liked the Coconut Green Curry from the last post.In fact, I made a stir-fry with the leftover sauce and served it with wontons .For my birthday, Josh said he'd cook whatever I wanted. I wanted pizza. The problem is that I finally decided what I wanted at 6:30 on the night of my birthday and the Teese and sausages were still snug in the freezer. He's promised to make me pizza sometime later this week and I instead settled on the Red Lentil-Cauliflower Curry from Veganomicon since we had everything to make it. He even went all out and made the Roti to go with it, which I had already almost finished when I remembered to take the picture.
And, since I just got back from a run--albeit a fairly easy one--and I'm once again trying to get my ass into shape, I made the "Tuna" Salad from Skinny Bitch for lunch. It's one of my favorite recipes in the book.Now I just have to get through the rest of this summer class, a visit from Aspen, and a dissertation proposal by August. No sweat.

3 comments:

Alicia said...

The red lentil cauliflower curry is the perfect birthday meal! Psshh, and you have bonus pizza another day!

veganboyjosh said...

the rotis were good. but i think your curry beat mine.

if mine had potatoes in it, though, it might be a closer race.

Bianca said...

That curry looks awesome! And btw, does Teese freeze well? I have an extra log of it at home that's unopened. Should I freeze it? Will it keep unopened? Am I asking too many questions?