Wednesday, December 3, 2008

It's an...Avocado!!!

I realize I've been horribly remiss in posting, but the reality is that--except for Thanksgiving--I haven't been cooking all that much. Half way through Vegan MoFo I found myself knee deep in my dissertation proposal and much of October and all of November was a mad dash to get that finished. The good news is that I did get it finished and I successfully defended it yesterday. Now I just have to write the damn thing. Oy. Good thing I have a whole lot to say about reality TV.

The other good news is that last week I hit the 16 week mark. That's right, the baby--you know, the one I haven't mentioned here--was officially as big as an avocado last week. My first thought, of course, was that avocados make tasty guacamole. So, we went out to West End for yam chips and guacamole to celebrate, which was divine as ever. And, yes, that's my club soda in the background. Surprisingly, bourbon is not on the baby-approved list.
This week the baby is the size of a turnip. I don't particularly care for turnips. Luckily, we actually get to find out the sex in two weeks and we can stop calling it the produce of the week. And, also lucky, the semester is almost over and the grading is almost over and the proposal is over, so I might actually find time to post again before we find out what kind of turnip we're having.

3 comments:

Bianca said...

Oh yea! I didn't even know you were preggers....must have missed that post. But congrats. Let us know what the turnip's gender turns out to be.

veganmomma said...

How exciting! I thought you mentioned something about being pregnant (or at least alluded to it) and now I know for sure. Congrats on hitting the 16 week mark. Hope you are feeling well.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your little growing veggie!!! :-)